vrijdag 18 december 2015

On the planning highway!

To get myself going I started the Walthers watertower. The kit is well done and pretty easy to build. Fit is good.

Kit:


Tank:


Ready:


Parts:


First coat of paint:




Till so far:



I already try to plan a new layout and going a whole other way. Instead of going lenghtwise I try to do it circular. The idea came from two layouts, one is Beautiful British Columbia from the builders Evan Daes and Erik Block:





 The second one came from the internet:





 This is what I think I will build. In doing so I made a sketch with simple pen and paper:


The layout will be 160 or 170 centimeters in diameter. That is based on the lenght that will fit in my Mazda 5 van. 

As seen it contains two halves which will be build as one. The staging part will be folded under the scenicked part. Then the layout can be transported on the side, resting on the middle of the layout parts.

To visualize it I use some wood pieces which I had and are suitable for building. The parts are 4 inch high (10 centimeters). The standing part(s) are 60cm high, about 24 inches. That will be for the light valance that has to build over the layout:



It's a quarter circle:



Trying with some equipment:



I like the shorter cars better, even if the outer radius will be 70cm or 28 inches:



 Well, first plans are born. Stay with me!

Grtz, Ronald.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten